- Same rugged materials as previous Defender cases I have purchased.
- Excellent screen protector.
- All access points are easily accesed (charge port, head phone port, etc)
- Camera not obstructed
- Priced where it should be. This is the top of the line phone protection offered in the marketplace. Heck of a lot cheaper than a new phone!
The "not so good":
- Rubber cover fits poorly. I expect to really "test" the limits of the Otterbox and I waited three months for the Defender to be released for my new device. I think it should fit better. I am concerned that once it is a year + old it wont fit at all.
- the phone does not fit tight in the hard case. I had to "shim" the case with folded paper to stop the phone from moving around in the case. Not the quality I am used to from Otterbox products.
- The plastic "cage" is easily removed. I still have an Iphone 3GS and my Otterbox (Defender) is a "chore" to remove for cleaning but I know that it is secure. I don't get that confidence from the Defender for the Samsung Facinate.
To conclude, I would always recommend Otterbox to anyone that asks me. As a parent of two teenage girls that seem to go through phones like Grant went through Richmond I believe that these cases should be mandatory fare when purchasing a new phone.